hello home.

Hello Home.

bits and pieces of life because my memory is so bad i'm afraid i'll never remember the most glorious details.

Friday, December 30, 2011

rose parade {travel through time}





images via LA Times archives


my favorite time of year in pasadena is without a doubt new years! it's when the streets of colorado blvd are lined with bleachers to hold the spectators that come from far and wide, it's when the rose bowl is preparing for its annual bowl game, it's when the floats are full of color and ready for their moment to shine and it's when the entire world turns on their tvs to look at our beautiful city.

the tournament of roses parade began in 1890 as a way to sell southern california to those freezing their butts off on the east coast. since obviously facebook didn't exist as a way to stir envy, they decided to host a parade and show off all the flowers in bloom while the east coast is covered in snow.

1 comment:

  1. I used to watch the Rose Parade when I was a little girl :) On TV though, since I'm in CO. I like the vintage photos!
    http://tragicandlovely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...