hello home.

Hello Home.

bits and pieces of life because my memory is so bad i'm afraid i'll never remember the most glorious details.

Friday, April 6, 2012

dolce far niente {the sweetness of doing nothing}

i'm feeling so productive today. it's only 2pm and i've already:
slept in
ready my book {currently reading 'is everyone hanging out without me?' by mindy kaling}
watched a terrible lifetime movie
cuddled with the pups
and now i'm watching "eat, pray, love," i have a handful of favorite scenes from this movie. i mean, i always wanted to go to italy but after seeing this movie i made it my personal mission to get there. pizza in naples, soccer game in a bar full of loud italians, food food and more food.  but the most standout scene is when liz gilbert's character buys herself a gorgeous nightgown, makes herself an amazing meal, sits down on the ground, opens up a newspaper and simply says, "dolce far niente," which means the "sweetness of doing nothing."

it really is the perfect scene. 



and now i'm getting myself out of bed {finally} to go treat myself to a mani/pedi. 
happy friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...