hello home.

Hello Home.

bits and pieces of life because my memory is so bad i'm afraid i'll never remember the most glorious details.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

no more newborn

how is it that my daughter is just shy of 4 months and i'm already missing the days that she was a tiny little peanut that could fit in one arm as I nursed her?

let's be honest, the night feedings and constant screaming was not easy but i sure do miss her tiny little sleepy black eyes discovering her mama for the first time and a small little piece of me misses those dark and silent nights that i spent feeding her. she's now sleeping through the night, which feels like a downright victory. i've been hesitant to celebrate because i've heard that everything is two steps forward and one step back. i really hope the step back isn't less sleep at night because i really really really need my sleep to give me enough energy to get through the day. she nurses almost every hour, which as you can imagine, is super exhausting. i try to catch up on some reading when she goes to sleep at 8:30 but i just end up falling asleep too. and even though she sleeps until 7am, i still find myself waking up at 3, 5 and 6 just to make sure she's ok. last night both her daddy and i woke up because we heard her making a noise. turns out she was laughing in her sleep. 

i suppose the joke is on us. silly girl. 


this picture is one of my favorites from her earlier days. image courtesy of my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...