hello home.

Hello Home.

bits and pieces of life because my memory is so bad i'm afraid i'll never remember the most glorious details.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Poop Schmoop

S and I decided to check out the Montrose/La Crescenta/Tujunga area today. S has a few clients in the area so he's spent some time there and he's mentioned the fact that I'd love Montrose's little downtown area. I've never actually been to this area but I do enjoy the homes that I see there. They all seem to be on mountainsides or have views of the mountains which is a huge plus in my book.

We drove around a bit to check out the area. We stopped by this open house at:

3936 Santa Carlotta St
La Crescenta, CA

The neighborhood was really cute and the outside was promising. The inside, however, was a different story. It instantly smelled like poop. 


My first thought was, ok dogs. I can live somewhere that's dog friendly. There must be a doggie door somewhere. NOPE. 


My next thought, well they must've let the poor little guy go poop in the house. Then we went in the backyard and again, NOPE. There was poop everywhere! My poor rain boots are still suffering from all the casualties in the yard. 


Besides the pungent smell, the house was ok. The kitchen was nice and open to the living room. It had 3 bedrooms and 2 very tiny bathrooms that were in major need of a facelift. The floors were crap, we would need to replace the floors in the ENTIRE house, thank you said Doggie. The windows in the ENTIRE house would also need to be replaced. All the walls would need to be repainted. The kitchen would need to be gutted. At the end of the day, in my very expert handyman opinion, I would guestimate about $50k in renovations and who knows how much in patience and headaches. With a pricetag of $515k poopie schmoopie is waaaaay overpriced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...