hello home.

Hello Home.

bits and pieces of life because my memory is so bad i'm afraid i'll never remember the most glorious details.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Flea Market Finds {not as easy as it looks}

When I was younger I used to watch gymnasts on tv and think, "I could do that. A swan leap into an aerial? No problem!" So I went for it. And needless to say, I fell flat on my face but walked away with a very important realization....nothing is as easy as it looks on TV (except for maybe the  Corona couple lounging by the beach).

Fast forward 20 years -- I've been watching Secrets from a Stylist lately. Much like my younger days I was disillusioned by the natural talents of the professionals on television, except for this time, the talent on tv was not a gymnast soaring through the sky but rather, a stylist floating through flea markets. Her name is Emily Henderson and she is a total rockstar!

I thought, she makes it look so easy! All I have to do is go to a flea market, find a couple awesome pieces -- perhaps upholster a piece or two -- and viola! I've got myself a secret from a stylist.

Well, as you will find from the image below that my super awesome flea market finds aren't looking so hot in my new living room. The couch completely dwarfs our new danish mid-century modern chairs. I'm hoping that once we get an area rug, coffee table, floor lamp and end table in the space that it'll fill it up a bit and take some of the attention away from the big mid century sized elephant in the room.

P.S. I will gladly accept any suggestions from all my amazing blog friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...